Strengthen, Lengthen and Tone With New York Pilates
Whether you’re looking to strengthen your core or correct an injury, we’ve got you covered.
A Contemporary Studio
New York Pilates specializes in private Pilates, GYROTONIC instruction, group Yoga and Pilates mat classes. We are located in the Greenwich Village in New York City. Our goal is to help you look and feel better while having fun and being smart! The New York Pilates approach is modern with a focus on biomechanics, which means we like science and anatomy – and you’ll see and feel the difference. Check out our blog for weekly updates on things that are awesome and body related!
Former classical and contemporary ballet dancer Heather Andersen opened her boutique fitness studio, New York Pilates to help New Yorkers improve their bodies and overall health. Possessing an extensive knowledge of biomechanics (how the body moves) and certifications from the Kane School for Core Integration and Gyrotonic National Headquarters, Andersen created a mind-body oasis that offers private and group Pilates sessions on the mat and various apparatuses, along with revitalizing yoga classes.
Our inviting Greenwich Village studio is serene and simple, with stark white walls, hardwood floors, and colorful mats and props. All of our instructors are dedicated to improving the posture, flexibility and core strength of our clients using an integrated approach to Pilates exercises. Whether students opt to work out one-on-one or in small-group classes (limited to 12 people), New York Pilates is sure to deliver a body-transforming session.
- HEATHER ANDERSENStudio Owner, Senior TeacherNew York Pilates is owned and operated by Heather Andersen. She certified at the Kane School for Core Integration, Gyrotonic National Headquarters and studied anatomy and kinesiology with Irene Dowd. She loves watching people change their bodies, improve their posture and get more flexible. It makes her happy, and her clients happy too. Heather has a background in classical and contemporary dance (Ballet Major at the University of Oklahoma) and maintains a regular yoga practice. So ask questions, she’d love to help you figure out alignment and efficient use of your body in whatever practice you have, be it pilates, gyro, yoga, ballet, running, lifting, rowing… whatever, get better and fitter!
- Linnea VedderRYTLinnea has been practicing yoga for over 12 years and is honored to be able to share its gifts of transformation with others. She received her yoga teacher certification at Kripalu Yoga Center in 2010. Linnea creates a fun and loving space for practitioners to explore and deepen their yoga practice. Her classes integrate a strong foundation of alignment with a balance of heat-building vinyasa to challenge the body and silence to still the mind. In 2010 Linnea received a reiki level one attunement. This healing energy enhances her yoga instruction. As well as being involved with yoga and reiki, Linnea is a drummer, singer and painter. Linnea’s relationship to her body as a rhythmic and tonal instrument helps her create interesting, dynamic, and fun yoga flows. www.linneayoga.com
- Lindy FinesPilates InstructorLindy began her Pilates training at Dance New Amsterdam where she received an Advanced Steele Pilates Mat certification. She then continued her studies at the Kane School for Core Integration receiving her full equipment certification. Lindy is also a dancer, choreographer and founder of GREYZONE, a multimedia dance company. Lindy loves to share her knowledge with all types of movers, from the newly initiated to the most advanced. She has a passion for crafting a program for client’s specific goals and needs. Whether you’re aiming for better alignment and posture, tension release, injury prevention, or just an invigorating full body workout, she can help!
- Krissy TatePilates InstructorKrissy has a passion for fitness with a healthy balance of strength and flexibility. Nationally recognized by the Pilates Method Alliance, she received her Pilates Mat Certification through The Lab in NYC. She strives to help her clients reach their goals and improve their physiques, as well as their confidence. What are your goals? Let’s work towards them together, and start seeing results! A trained ballet and modern dancer, her teaching style focuses on body alignment to encourage proper form and to prevent injury. As a dancer Krissy has been performing with Time Lapse Dance since 2008, and has had the pleasure of touring locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Regan NucherenoPilates InstructorA passion for movement, body/mind awareness, and helping others has led Regan to a career in Pilates. She received her full apparatus and mat certification at Body One Studios. She is also certified as a teaching artist under the organization Big Thought Artists in The World and received her BFA in dance from the Meadows school at Southern Methodist University. A classically trained ballerina, Regan danced for Configuration Dance Theatre and The San Diego Ballet. It was through her own recovery that she truly began to appreciate all of the benefits of Pilates. After herniating two discs in her back, she received physical therapy in the form of Pilates. Amazed by her quick recovery and transformation into a stronger and better functioning body, Pilates became an essential life long practice in maintaining balance and strength in her own body. Possessing a unique awareness of body mechanics with over 4 years experience as a professional dancer, Regan loves helping others reach their personal goals of looking and feeling their best.
- Claire ToonePilates InstructorOriginally from Australia Claire now calls NYC home. For the past seven years she has been practicing Pilates and Yoga and growing her love for happy healthy living. Claire is a qualified Pilates Mat, Apparatus, Pre and Post Natal Instructor, Yoga Instructor and Holistic Health Coach Claire’s teaching style is based on the traditions of Joseph Pilates but with an added emphasis on the individuality of each client. Each client’s strengths and goals will be taken into consideration so that Claire can assist clients to perform each exercise correctly and to reach individual goals. Claire has taught in London, Paris, Zermatt, NYC and Sydney.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS
- 5 Pack $23.00 per class
- 10 Pack $20.00 per class
- Unlimited $200.00 per month
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS
- 5 Pack $43.00 per class
- 10 Pack $40.00 per class
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS
- 5 Pack $95.00 per session
- 10 Pack $90.00 per session
- Owner Rate $150.00 per session
- PACKAGE DISCOUNTS
- 5 Pack $58.00 per person
- 10 Pack $55.00 per person
- Owner Rate $90.00 per person
UNLIMITED MAT PILATES & YOGA MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP FOR ONLY $200/MONTH!JOIN NOW